Thursday, November 8, 2012

Introduction + Fall Haul!

Hey guys! I have realized that I have never officially introduced myself, so here it is! My name is Natalie and I am a fashion student in San Francisco. Since I am from Hong Kong, so my blog posts may not be as well written as other beauty bloggers do, but I will do my best^^ I am really into Asian cosmetics brands like Shu uemura, Paul & Joe Beaute and Jill Stuart. Back till I was 15, due to serious breakouts and I needed a heavy duty foundation to cover my acne scars. I'd say Revlon colorstay liquid foundation brought me into the makeup world. And now, I have quite a collection of makeup products. The majority of the collection are mainly blushes and lipsticks.

Today I'm going to show you guys a fall haul back in September when Ulta had a 40% off sale on NYX and Revlon; as well as CVS's buy 1 get 1 free Wet n wild bogo sale. Most of the colors are on a darker side because I wanted some fall appropriate colors, especially the dark vampy colors. Shall we start? :)

(Right top-bottom: Wet n wild Megalast lipstick in 918D Cherry Bomb, Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Black Cherry,  Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, Wet n wild Megalast lipstick in 906D Wine Room) (Middle top-bottom: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore, Wet n wild Megalast lipstick in 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cotton Candy, Wet n wild Megalast lipstick in 914C Mocha-licious) (Left top-bottom: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural, NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Smokey Look, NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Perfect, NYX lipliner pencil in Burgundy, NYX Slide on eye pencil in Gun Metal)
     
Here are the swatches. 

Cherry Bomb and Black Cherry are very similar in terms of colors. I would say Cherry Bomb is more red while Black Cherry is more purple. In terms of textures, Revlon's Black Cherry is so blotchy and uneven on lips. Applying lip balm and lipliner is a must! Wet n wild's Cherry Bomb is so much more smoother and opaque. Even without lip balm underneath, my lips won't be dried out and it lasted quite a long time. Also, both lipsticks left a stain effect after the color faded away. If you are looking for a dirt cheap vampy color, I will definitely suggest you to try Wet n wild's Cherry Bomb. It's only $2.99 plus I got mine for buy 1 get 1 free! You can't go wrong with it! I had a few Revlon lip butters and I really enjoyed using them so I got Cotton candy and Pink truffle. Cotton candy is a slightly cool toned pink with golden shimmers. I thought it would make my teeth look yellow since it is a cool toned pink, but it's actually quite flattering. Pink truffle is a brownish pink which is perfect for fall. The NYX lip glosses are just okay. I don't think I will purchase anymore because I couldn't stand the cherry scent of them. Lastly, I'd like to talk about the NYX slide on eye pencil. It glides on like a dream! Compare to my holy grail urban decay glide on eye liner, the NYX one is not as long wearing, but if you prime your eyes, I think it can last longer. That's it for my thoughts on these new lip products. Thanks for reading!














No comments:

Post a Comment